Monday, September 29, 2008

DO YOU KNOW WHO YOU'RE VOTING FOR?!?!

This past Friday I left work early to go have some cavities filled. The weather had gotten warmer, so after I parked, I pulled off my hoodie, revealing my Obama t-shirt. As I approached the office door, an elderly lady was exiting. She held the door, so I sped up my pace and thanked her as I reached to take the door. She attempted to halt me with an angry, gravelly voice: "Do you know who you're voting for??!"

"Why, yes, I do, thanks." I replied, never missing a step. I left her to handle to door on her own. She held steady, and demanded to know if I payed taxes. She kept yelling, and now I was halfway to the receptionist's desk. I turned back and said "I'd really prefer not to talk politics at the dentist. Thank you for holding the door for me!"

A few more steps and I reached the desk. "Hi, I have an 11:30 appointment with Dr. J."

In what kind of world do we live where old ladies are close to coming to blows over a political candidate? Bizarre.

The offending t-shirt:

1 comment:

HCV-M said...

im impressed by your coolness. I would have responded with some not so calm words about the economy and civil liberties. haha

I think Obama is hot, that's gona be my reason from now on.