I liked it because you see every character you really cared about die off, and then there's just nothing left. They're gone, and their lives, all those problems, well...they never really mattered at all because no one is really ever going to know about them, or use them as inspiration or feel touched because of them ever again.
So if I can figure all that from a fictional television show, then I can also figure this:
This is my last year of playing it "safe." Come this time next year, I will have busted my ass getting certified to teach, but what I do or where I go is totally unknown. Maybe I'll teach English in South America. Maybe I'll be a photographer in New York City. Maybe I'll teach photography and art in Richmond. Maybe I'll work at a hostel in San Diego. Or at a cafe in Paris. I have no idea. The only thing I know is that I will be anywhere but here.

1 comment:
Oh deirdre, you gave me the goosebumps. I love the last episode of that show, the bad part was that I hadn't seen many episodes of the show. But it was an amazing episode anyway, made me cry. i may be anywhere but here come next year as well. hmmmm
Post a Comment